The RDPE have reopened their Growth Programme with grants for capital investments such as constructing or improving buildings and buying new equipment and machinery. This is an economic programme so it is looking for economic outputs such as job creation.
There are three strands:
- Tourism – For small or micro businesses – Minimum grant £20,000 – max £175,000. Grant rate 40%. The aim of this call is to encourage more tourists to come, to stay and to spend more money in rural areas.
- Business growth – For small or micro businesses – Minimum grant £20,000 – max £175,000. Grant rate 40%. The aim of this call is to grow the economy of rural areas and create new jobs.
- Food processing – For SME Food and drink businesses that process agricultural and horticultural products. Minimum grant £20,000 – max £750,000. Grant rate is 50%. The aim of this call is to grow the economy of rural areas and create new jobs.
Charities applying may be able to obtain higher grant rates.
The timetable for the programme is as follows:
- Deadline for Expression of Interest: midnight 16 February 2020.
- Notification of invite to full application received within approx. 30 working days.
- Full Applications assessed in three batches.
- Once submitted – a decision on the full application within approximately 60 working days.
- Project completed and all invoices paid no later than 31 July 2021.
- Final date by which all projects must be finished, paid for and complete grant claims submitted is 30 September 2021.
For further details please see visit the RDPE website.
For further information please contact our Grants Specialist Alison Elvey on 01872 276116 or email@example.com.
Updated 10 December 2019