Improving Lives grants of £20,000 – £60,000 for 1 – 3 years are available for established not for profit organisations (with an annual income between £50,000 and £2 million). The fund helps people when other sources of support have failed, are inappropriate, or are simply not available.
The grants are designed to assist with the delivery of services directly to beneficiaries. The funder is looking for services which can demonstrate a track record of success, and can evidence the effectiveness of their work.
There are six priority areas:
- Help at a critical moment: helping people rebuild their lives following a crisis, trauma or abuse.
- Positive choices: helping people, whose actions or behaviours have led to negative consequences for themselves or others, to make positive choices.
- Accommodation/housing support: enabling people to work towards or maintain accommodation.
- Employment and training: supporting people to move towards employment.
- Financial inclusion, rights and entitlements: supporting people to address their financial problems and ensure that they are able to claim their rights and entitlements.
- Support networks and family: working with people to develop and improve support networks and family relationships.
Further information is available on the Henry Smith Charity website.
For further information please contact our Grants Specialist Alison Elvey on 01872 276116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated 6 August 2019