VAT is a particularly complicated area of taxation which contains many pitfalls for unsuspecting taxpayers. However, with careful advice and planning up front the VAT burden can often be minimised or avoided.
The VAT team at Robinson Reed Layton have significant experience of VAT issues and regularly assist clients in saving substantial sums of money. We always aim to deal with VAT queries promptly and provide a wide range of services as follows:
- VAT compliance reviews including review of business records
- Staff training
- Liaising with HMRC
- Registration and deregistration
- Land and property transactions
- Attending HMRC compliance visits
As a firm we act for a large number of charities and therefore have considerable experience in advising on the particular VAT issues which concern not for profit organisations. These include:
- Advising on VAT status of new projects
- Advising on VAT status of new income sources
- Partial exemption and agreement of Special Methods with HMRC
- Advising on the VAT status of capital build projects
If you would like further information about our VAT services, please contact Stephen Gainey or telephone 01872 276116.